- Lead and develop ESS (energy storage subsystems like Batteries, Ultra capacitors, Fuel cells,etc.) module and pack design requirements and product / component specifications based on application needs.
- Involve in technical outreach and interactions with outside suppliers to select and integrate thermally-managed ESS solutions for use in hybrid vehicle systems.
- Lead,coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component and vehicle/application level with a focus on serviceability/reliability.
- Characterize ESS performance to understand typical behavior for diagnostic purposes.
- Contribute to the development of ESS control software algorithms and service tools.
- Develop and document procedures for use, handling, charging, storage of the ESS.
- Provide engineering support of ESS systems: document problems from the field, investigate root cause, help find containment and solution, communicate problems to drive future designs.
- Implementing the functional subsystems related to ESS in xEv as per the specifications and validate the same as per test conditions.
- Development and specification of test plans for ESS in xEv vehicle applications.
- Development of controls strategies for BMS, CMS, etc.
- Interact with rule making bodies for homologation, testing procedures, certifications, etc. as necessary.
- Work through internal departments for meeting logistical requirements in procuring electric drive system related components.
- Responsible EMI/ EMC, Grounding and Shielding in ESS systems.
- Identify and help develop long-term strategies with respect to alternative uses of advanced ESS for a second life as well as for vehicle-to-grid opportunities.
- Support for regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc)
- Support for environmental and safety requirements of ESS.
- Responsible for different communications protocols including RS232, CAN and J1939.
- Support QMS activities.
Salary: INR 9,00,000 - 16,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Automobile / Auto Anciliary / Auto Components
Functional Area: Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category: Engineering
Role: Technical Lead/Project Lead
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time