- To Investigate and propose new technologies, strategies, and methods to attain improved performance in current and future Hybrid vehicles while considering system costs, drivability and performance impacts.
- Analyse and document the competitive data sets and assess future trends in xEV technologies.
- Lead activities for developing and integrating xEV related technologies (such as engine, torque converter & transmission, accessories, vehicle coast down characteristics, as well as control logics and calibrations) to attain targeted vehicle performance and to understand and document impacts and trade-offs to vehicle Performance and Drivability.
- Lead and coordinate activities with Planning, Certification and Regulation teams on impact of proposed technologies.
- Responsible for modeling and simulating advanced powertrain & vehicle technologies for our current and next generation xEV vehicles.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the area of powertrain/vehicle modeling and simulation.
- Lead Development activities in powertrain and vehicle models for hybrid electric drives as well as conventional powertrains, including:
- Advanced engines such as advanced gasoline, CNG and diesel
- Transmissions such as manual, automatic, dual-clutch, continuously variable, etc.
- Hybrid electric drives such as start-stop, mild hybrid, strong hybrid, plug-in hybrid, extended-range electric, battery electric, UCAPs based electric etc.
- Lead activities with the use of simulation tools (e.g. Autonomie or AVL-CRUISE) to develop and simulate vehicle systems for:
- Evaluating and optimizing fuel economy, efficiency, range, and acceleration performance in vehicle applications.
- Assessing technology benefits and draw backs including system costs, drivability impacts, and performance.
- Maximizing vehicle performance through virtual controls parameter optimizations.
- Analyzing robustness and reliability under vehicle condition variations.
- Define, plan, lead, and perform new fuel economy technology and strategy development that can enable short-term and long-term benefits for production vehicles.
- Coordinate with other teams within organization on the xEV development concepts and technologies by sharing information, generating execution plans, and managing project deliverables including project targets and timing.
- Present strategies and technologies to management staffs, including report and document of technical analysis, system trade- offs as well as business case for technologies.
Salary: INR 9,00,000 - 16,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Automobile / Auto Anciliary / Auto Components
Functional Area: Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category: Engineering
Role: Technical Lead/Project Lead
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time