Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct supplier evaluation, capability and capacity assessment including on-site quality and technical process audits to ensure conformance to Company's Supplier Quality System requirements.
- Analyze audit results to develop, prioritize and execute corrective actions and supplier development action plans to continually improve supplier performance.
- Lead supplier quality and development activities that will refine and improve quality of the product and process as measured by supplier performance metrics, internal plant quality metrics and external quality indicators.
- Lead and drive supplier quality activities such as APQP, PPAP, corrective and preventive actions including continuous improvement techniques to help supplier minimize process variation and achieve desired process control.
- Significantly contributes on technical quality issues collaborating with sourcing, engineering, materials, purchasing, operations, plant quality, suppliers, and other functional areas on cost reduction sourcing projects and strategic supply chain optimization initiatives.
- Provide technical knowledge leadership and supplier quality engineering support on NPD and VA/VE projects.
- Problem identification and resolution of systemic supplier quality issues to deliver stakeholder expectations and enhance end-user customer satisfaction.
- Provide support in establishing and implementing standardized quality best practices, processes, procedures within supply chain function and across suppliers.
- Leads and mentors' suppliers in the application of advanced quality tools and problem solving methodologies while provides support as a technical mentor and coach on the Quality Leadership Council.
- Work closely with corporate Supplier Quality and functional plant Quality teams to maintain and update supplier performance scorecards, supplier audit procedures and policies, approved supplier listing and supplier risk assessments.
- Utilizes internal functional customer feedback as an input to drive continuous improvements across supply chain.
- Utilizes self-assessment and feedback from stakeholders while actively seeks out opportunities to address identified self-development needs growing credibility.
Required Candidate profile
- Knowledge in metallurgy, heat treatment with foundry experience is desired.
- Familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, practices, and procedures.
- Strong expertise and demonstrated use of quality tools and principles such as Six Sigma, APQP, PPAP, PFD, FMEA, PCP, MSA and SPC.
- Proven success in the use and mentoring of Problem-Solving methods, Root Cause analysis and Statistical decision-making including application knowledge of Minitab.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to thoroughly analyze, interpret data / information to make sound informed decisions.
- Strong experience in project management which include planning, supervising, monitoring, and accomplishing the goals of specific project requirements.
- Working knowledge of Supplier QMS assessment, ISO 9001, TS16949 and AIAG CQI technical process audits.
- Experience in metrology, inspection and measurement techniques and new product development process.
- Proficient in MS Office and other software applications including ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and mindset to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with all levels of Rexnord organization in a team-based matrix organizational structure including Rexnord supply base.
- Substantial experience in successfully leading teams and the ability to foster key stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to lead the organization in embracing quality change and communicate the value and need for change.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify self-development needs and explores new opportunities for career advancement, skill development and professional growth.
- Quality/Engineering certification is highly preferred, Six Sigma or other professional society / organization certification is a plus.
- Domestic and International travel is required for this position.
- 35% travel may be required.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area:Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Role:Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
SV Management Consultants
Recruiter Name:D. K. Shriwas
Contact Company:SV Management Consultants
Reference Id:Assistant Manager/Manager - Supplier Quality and Development -SVMC - 1120