Roles and Responsibilities
- Review purchase requirements with internal customer(s) to develop business need(s): purchase order entry, component and/or service expedites, issue resolution and follow up
- Use SAP ERP system and reports to generate purchase orders and other data
- Supplier and part number ERP/MRP system maintenance and management
- Well experience in Purchasing SS steel wires, wire rods, stampings and other steel commodities
- Closely follow-up with suppliers on dispatch schedules and working with them on meeting 100% OTD
- Participate and/or lead development of replenishment strategies to ensure uninterrupted supply to meet customer requirements
- Assist with analyzing material requirements to ensure alignment of Kanban levels and business goals such as customer service, availability and inventory
- Obtain and review supplier quotations and make recommendations based on Cost, Quality and deliveries
- Well experience in Inco terms, export and imports laws of India and USA
- Supply base and supplier knowledge in Steel commodity
- Exposure to New supplier Identification and development is preferable
- Assist with negotiating contracts with suppliers along with drafting contract terms and conditions to meet business needs
- Visit suppliers to expedite the Order status
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of invoices and/or receipt of credits
- Three-way match check to give clearance on supplier invoices
- Resolve discrepancies with, but not limited to, invoices and material receipts
- Spend Analysis and MIS reporting
- Direct supplier relationships and performance management to include regular supplier performance reviews and development of improvement plans
- Both lead and support resolution of non-conforming component issues with suppliers
- Establish and support total cost reduction programs for both direct and indirect materials
- Review with suppliers engineering notifications as well as detailed engineering prints/drawings covering areas of responsibility
- Utilize (Companys Business System) tools to continuously improve and optimize the supply chain as a whole
- Experience in working with Global teams to enable smooth communication
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor's degree in Engineering in Mechanical/Production/Metallurgical/Industrial
• MBA with Specialization in SCM is an added advantage
• 4-8 years of experience in a purchasing function with in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate with all levels of a corporation.
• Strong understanding of the various lean principles and continuous improvement.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• A strategic focus on what is important to the Company and his/her role in accomplishing this task.
Perks and Benefits
Salary: INR 4,00,000 - 7,00,000 PA.
Role Category:Purchase/Material Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
SV Management Consultants
SV MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS is a leading, fast progressing Manpower Recruitment and Executive Search firm in Central India. SVMC was born at the epicenter of a group of qualified and experienced industry professionals in the year 2000. Since then, we have been providing our services to various sectors all over the country and become popular amongst Companies and Jobseekers everywhere.
Contact Company:SV Management Consultants
Reference Id:SVMC - 1315