Roles and Responsibilities
- As head, he need to manage seed flows from multiplication, seed processing until dispatch of orders to deleares, with focus on optimizing cost-quality-lead time.
- Establishes and implements production plans according to the requirements in quantity, quality and time defined.
- Plans, develops and manages the resources and assets to optimize efficiency of supply chain activities such as the production & processing plant.
- Center wise target distribution after discussion with team of respective location based on possibility ,productivity and manpower availability and ensure absolute area distribution and sowing ,monitoring with in time scheduled and submission of reports in time, collection of yield estimation report and compilation and submission with remarks if any deviation in yield Vs target of respective location.
- To Formulate, execute and monitor the strategies of seed increase through seed production programme which includes identification of area & potential farmers for seed production & farmers motivation for the said objectives.
- To manage seed buyback from farmers during seed production programme, arrangement of safe transit, storage of seeds & fund management consisting of farmers payment at various seed collection centers for seed procured from farmers.
- Put up timely indent for the Purchase /arrangement after proper negotiations from the Vendors and take approval within time & monitoring of travelling exp Vs work perform by individual team members.
- Liaison with State Seed Certification Agency, Deputy Director of Agricultures Office & other Govt. agencies for seed certification of notified variety & registration of our Research Variety.
- To provide proper governance of seed production by setting in place, proper standard operating procedures & performance metrics, supervising & monitoring staff activities, proper communication with staff & encouraging for development.
- Overall manages grower’s network, home farms, associated vendors and quality control activities of production,
- Facilitates the implementation of experiments needed to improve quality and productivity,
- Supervises the development of new suitable areas for Field and vegetable seed production in India,
- Plans, develops and manages the resources to support and assets to optimize efficiency of supply chain activities such as the production , processing plant, QC labs,
- Leads teams and implements corrective actions to achieve the objectives,
- Proposes and follow seed purchase budget,
- Acts in compliance with the laws and regulations of the country related to seeds but also in the domain of the safety of people and security of goods.
- To Design, Plan & layout of trials & ensure the scientific sowing at all the locations in a year & multi-location trials during kharif, including appropriate area & land identification for different nurseries.
- Planning, designing, laying, Supervision and management of demonstration plots of upcoming Company's variety and or notified variety.
- To plan & execute extension activity of upcoming Company's variety.
- Over all Seed Production activities of all Kinds as per target Plan in respective Season till Planning to intake of seed.
- Frequently visit to seed Production Plot of all locations & check the Off types plants lot wise, ensure field quality and productivity and motivate the growers for quality seed Production ,timely supply/Purchase of quality seed in Cost effective Manner .To finalize Seed Production Progress report and submit to the Management.
- To support to the management for making strategic decision and need to coordinate with other department like QC, QA , R&D etc
- Knowledge of processing activities, plant management, logistic will added additional advantage for this position.
Desired Candidate Profile
Perks and Benefits
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Agriculture
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Agriculture
SV Management Consultants
SV MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS is a leading, fast progressing Manpower Recruitment and Executive Search firm in Central India. SVMC was born at the epicenter of a group of qualified and experienced industry professionals in the year 2000. Since then, we have been providing our services to various sectors all over the country and become popular amongst Companies and Jobseekers everywhere.
Contact Company:SV Management Consultants
Reference Id:SVMC - 1212